CIAT International Data Week – Open Data Sprint 2018
Have 50 quality assured and properly annotated datasets published in the CIAT Dataverse by December 31, 2018.
The data sprint will run from November 7 to December 19, 2018
- All datasets published by CIAT staff during the period of 1st January 2018 to 19th December 2018 will be eligible
- The datasets need to be quality checked, include complete metadata and well-defined variables annotated with ontologies where possible.
- The CIAT data team will award one competition point to authors of every qualifying dataset submitted to the CIAT Dataverse or other approved repositories. For datasets with multiple data authors, each author receives one point.
- Authors with datasets that have both the metadata and data variables annotated with appropriate ontology or vocabulary will receive an extra point.
- Authors of datasets that are part of a peer-reviewed data paper will also receive an extra point.
- Data authors affiliated to more than one research area or one region will have both areas, or regions awarded a point during corporate tallying.
|1. Individual with the most number of open Datasets published in 2018||Funding to cover the cost of participation in 1 scientific conference and article processing costs (APCs) for 1 open access journal article (total funding up to USD 5000).|
|2. Research Area with the most number of open Datasets published in 2018||Funding to cover the costs of 3 open access journal articles (up to USD 7000) as decided by the Research Area Director.|
|3. Individual with the most number of open Datasets at regional level in 2018||Funding to cover the cost of 1 open access journal article each (up to USD 1000 each).|
Top CIAT Authors – Datasets – 2018
|965||Meyer, Markus A.||1|
|964||Binder, Claudia R.||1|
|542||de Haan, Stef||1|
|1.393||Wyckhuys, Kris A.||1|
|1.372||Le, Vi Xuan||1|
|1.369||Mwungu, Chris M||1|
|1.405||Martinez Valle, Armando||1|
|1.404||Zelaya Martinez, Carlos||1|
|1.403||Navarro Racines, Carlos E||1|
|402||Ramirez Villegas, Julian||1|
|1.399||Martinez Garay, Carlos||1|
Kindly contact the CIAT Data Management and Research Methods team on CIAT-DM@cgiar.org for further information or support.